Social Icons

Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Spring Rainbow Earrings Tutorial

Today, we would like to share how to make simple beautiful earrings. The great step-by-step DIY tutorial is shared by Lena who runs SFBeads store on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoMeJewelryShop
 You will need:

• Jump rings 6mm (OD), 18ga multicolored (8 different colors, 6 rings of each color)
• 2 silver ear wire
• Jumpring tool, opener and closer
• 2 chain nose pliers

1). Get two ear wires. Then, get 6 rings of each color and put the same color in one row, as shown in the picture. (Photo1)
2). Pick up one ear wire, and open the loop connected to the bottom of the ear wire. Put 3 red rings on the loop, and then close the loop. (Photo2)
3). Take the middle red ring and open it. Put 3 pink rings on to the middle red one, and then close the red ring. (Photo3)
4). Take the middle pink ring and open it up. Put 3 gold rings into the opened pink ring and then close the pink ring. (Photo4)

5). Take the middle gold ring and open it. Put 3 yellow rings into the opened gold one, and then close the gold one (Photo5)
6). Take the yellow middle ring and open it. Put 3 green rings into the opened yellow one, and then close the yellow one. (Photo6)
7). Take the middle green ring and open it. Take 3 dark green rings and put them into the green one, and then close the green ring. (Photo7)
8). Take the middle dark green ring and open it. Put 3 blue rings into the opened dark green ring, and then close the dark green ring. (Photo8)
9). Take the middle blue ring and open it. Put 3 purple rings into the opened blue ring, and then close the blue ring. You have just finished an earring! (Photo 9)
 10). Repeat steps 2-9 to make your second earring! (Photo10)
Using this technique and different materials you can create different earrings.

Good Luck!

Tutorial by Lena (SFBeads)

14 comments:

Albina M said...

What a fun tutorial!

Natalka Pavlysh said...

lovely, thank you for sharing!

Yelena said...

Wonderful tutorial thank you for shearing.Lazo

TonyaUtkina said...

Wonderful jewelry! Thanks for sharing such a great tutorial with us!

Dina said...

How fun! Thanx for sharing :)

daisydilly (vicki) said...

Thanks so very much for sharing this with us!!

Maggie said...

Hi,


I just wanted to let you know that I featured your tutorial on my site, www.AllFreeBeadedJewelry.com. I linked to this project:
http://www.allfreebeadedjewelry.com/Chain-Earrings/Simple-Rainbow-Chain-Earrings

I would like to know if I can link like this to you, including a photo, in the future. Or if you would be willing to allow me to post projects in full on the site - full credit will always be given to you, of course. Your projects have the opportunity to be featured in our newsletter as well. It would be yet another source of traffic to your blog.

Please let me know, I would love to work with you further.
Thanks!
Maggie Kmiecik
mkmiecik@primecp.com

teariana said...

I love these, I have been wanting to work with these new links, because the colors are amazing and also because they are so lightweight they will fit in with the beach scene here in Southern California. I plan to make several bracelets, necklaces and earrings using a combination of these and the new rubber O rings.

The Beading Gem said...

Another wonderful tutorial from this site! I have linked to this with another to Lena's store here -

http://www.beadinggem.com/2010/02/how-to-make-easy-chain-maille-earrings.html

And also pinned it on Pinterest!

Anonymous said...

I love them! I'm going to try to make them!

Kim in NC said...

Hello! As a newbie to chain maille I have been looking for an easy fun project. This tutorial I followed on allfreejewelery.com rainbow earrings. I put my own spin on them but your pattern was so easy to follow, I made a pair in no time! Thanks so much for your tutorial, it is wonderful!
Kim in NC

Anonymous said...

Great pattern and tutorial. Have made two pairs. Love them. Thanks

Kathy said...

I can't wait to make these. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very simple jet very nice rainbow earrings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...