Polymer clay beads are fun to make and they look great. Make these chevron style beads with Daria (Dariami) and get the compliments on your new necklace or earrings!
Materials and Tools:
· Three contrasting colors of polymer clay (e.g. red, blue, white)
· Plastic wrap
· Plastic card (something like credit card)
· Pasta machine
· Knife (tissue blade)
1. Condition the clay.
2. Roll the clay through the pasta machine: red and blue on 2mm setting, blue – on 1 mm setting. Make 3 white, 2 red, and 1 blue sheets.
3. Layer the sheets in order: white, red, white, red, white, blue. Cut the edges so you have a nice rectangle.
4. Cover the block with plastic wrap and cut it with plastic card onto equal segments. Notice, when you cut with plastic card, the colors are shifting.
5. Roll the log out with white polymer clay. Place striped pieces to the white roll blue sides out as shown.
6. Make the cane thinner by pressing it on center and to the ends. Try to press all over the cane equally. The cane will become longer and thinner. Do so until you reach the necessary size.
7. Cut the cane onto equal pieces. Shave off some clay at an acute angle. Do this all the way around the base of the bead. Repeat that with the other end.
8. Using your fingers, shape the beads.
Now use your imagination to create one of a kind piece!