Social Icons

Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Interview with a Star, Albina from GoodWeather


Recycling is a great way to give a new life to the things people don't want anymore. Albina from GoodWeather shop on Etsy is sharing her own vision of this with us.



Please tell us a little bit about yourself
I think the ideas of recycling are in my blood. My father is good at inventing things that are practical. He made a wash stand for their garden out of 2-liter plastic soda bottles. He also made a sauna oven out of metal barrel and built a green house out of old window frames.


I use “soft” materials for my crafts such as old sweaters. I know that unwanted sweaters can have several new lives.

Some of the things you can do with sweaters is unravel them to get some yarn for your new projects and make something from it like this handbag:



Also I often felt sweaters and make lots of cool stuff out of sweater! I love to make gadgets like this smiling cat iPhone sleeve:



Since I love to make jewelry I also use felt in it!



Do you use only recycled materials to create your beautiful items?
I use both used and new materials to make my products. Things like my cup cozies or knitted iPone sleeves are made from new materials only.



Do you take custom orders?
I love custom orders! Once, I had an order for 9 owls. I made all of them look a little different and I enjoyed making them. 

What is the best reaction you have gotten from one of your pieces?
I appreciate all the feedback I get from my customers, even if it is short and simple like “Thank you”. One I really like that I got for this brooch, "I love this so much! I attached it to my sweater coat and I have gotten tons of compliments on it already! Thank you so much for such fast shipping! You rock!"

2 comments:

Albina said...

Thank you for featuring!

Julia said...

Thank you very much for all your suggestions on this site. Your shares are very interesting and very enriching. Congratulations.

Voyance gratuite

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...