Social Icons

Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Interview with a Star - Natasha at Bonbonland

This is not a story about me but about a dream. A successful story about a dream that came true, which I am proud to share with you…


Like a lot of girls, I started to draw dresses and attires from the early childhood. In high school I learned fashion and the textile industry. Later in college I learned sewing and sewing technology, cutting and patterning, sewing machines & techniques and many other special things. I started to work in one of the largest fashion networks in Israel, H&O ™. I worked there ten years and went a long way from a saleswoman position to a fashion consultant and shop supervisor. I am very pleased because the work in H&O gave me a lot of knowledge and experience.


After the 15 years of working in fashion industry I got enough self confidence to start my own business. In 2007 I founded a fashion studio "Shirel". This word is actually my second name and means in Hebrew "God's Song". I believe all my life is the song dedicated to God…


My work day in the studio usually consists of fashion and design projects, cutting and shaping, fitting and trying on, sewing and preparing patterns, templates and samples. Also there are constant negotiations, work with customers and sales. In my studio we made a lot of patterns for evening dresses and outfits, blouses and tops. I am happy to work with leading Israeli fashion designers.


After almost three years of very hard work I started my favorite project – the internet boutique "bonbonLand" on ETSY. Actually I am running three shops on ETSY, also “Bandannas" and Felt scarves and necklaces. But bonbonLand is my favorite project. It allows me to work for the most beautiful creatures - for little princesses, for baby girls.


I am very happy woman. I have lovely husband, typical software "genius". I have two wonderful sons. But my work in bonbonLand project is the thing I enjoy most of all in my life. It gives me such a great feelings that could be compared with the pure real happiness possible only in an early childhood.


Every time I prepare baby bloomers or a small dress for a baby girl, I can imagine a little princess sitting or walking among the flowers or meadows in a gentle summer sunny day. I imagine photo props and bright and beautiful babies in bright and beautiful dresses. I imagine parents and grandparents smiling at a picture of their beloved daughters and granddaughters and tears flow from the depths of my soul…


I love all my small clients. And am happy to have the ability to realize this love. The possibility to give my love, my heart and a little part of my soul to every baby that wears my products, my wares. BonbonLand is not about the business, at least not only about the business. It is about the love, the love I share with my beloved baby clients and models. Nowadays almost a hundred baby girls wear the dress with the "bonbonLand" label.


I had a dream when I was young. I am happy that my dream came true.

9 comments:

Fine said...

Beautiful story!
Love it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful story!
Love it!

SocksAndMittens said...

Great feature! Love your work, Natasha!

Yana said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us!

IrinaN said...

Nice story :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet, love your outfits! Wish my girls were still babies to wear them!

Lena said...

great story!!!!

SocksAndMittens said...

Also, I love your story, it's written with heart and soul! Thank you for sharing!

Kay B said...

I love your story and work

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...