So... let's start! If you have never made truffles before, give it a try. This recipe is not only easy to make, but also is very affordable.
For this recipe you'll need:
• 100 gramm of best-quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
• 100 ml heavy cream
• 1 tsp of brandy, liquor or vanilla extract
• unsweetened cocoa powder for coating
• candy paper cups
1. In a small saucepan bring the cream to a simmer (do not boil!). Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Let it sit for 2 minutes, than stir until completely melted and smooth. Add the brandy and stir again.
2. Pour the mix into a shallow bowl. Cover, and refrigerate the mixture until firm, for 1.5 - 2 hours.
3. Using a small spoon, scoop the mixture and roll into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in the cocoa powder. You can also use other coatings - finely chopped nuts, candy sprinkles or confectioners' sugar.
Place the chocolate truffles in paper candy cups and pack into a box for a gift or serve them immediately.
Have a sweet Valentine's day!:)
Photography by IrinaPhotography