Social Icons

Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Interview with a star - Natasha (RizalaYa)


Today, we'd like to introduce you our team member Natasha who runs RizalaYa shop on Etsy.


- Please tell us a little bit about yourself


My name is Nataliya but my friends call me Nata. I am originally from Ukraine where I also got my education as architect. Later in my life I moved to Spain. I have my family here and enjoy a lot being a mom.

Before I started selling on Etsy I was working at architect studio here in Spain and in the same time I was getting degree in technical architecture. I thought a lot about combining my work and my family life so I started to take a classes in textile art. I would like to work from home to spend more time with my child.



- How long have you been creating? How did your journey in art and creativity begin?

I think every child is very creative. Kids don't have fears of making mistake, they don't have any doubts when accomplishing a project. But kids are growing up and sometimes they forget their inner talents. I wish it would not happened.

From the very child I used to make things. I attended a children's art school and numerous craft classes. My mother was working at the textile engineering field so she taught me how to sew and introduced me to a different fiber techniques. I learn macrame, embroidery, knitting, and more. So much you can do with simple cord and pins!



- What items do you carry in your shop?

In my shop you will find some thread dolls, some thread acorns and colorful pot holders made in patchwork technique.



Destiny thread doll is traditional Slavic doll with it's own history (if you'd like to know more about them please read here and here ).


Thread acorns are cute as an ornament or a cell phone charm. They are also great for sorting kids games.









Later this season you will also be able to buy some great tutorials at my shop.


What are your main sources of inspiration?

I love folk art, history and traditions. When I am making my destiny dolls I keep in mind ancient folk dolls. My quilted projects are inspired by Islamic tile art.



It is so amazing that at the ancient times all craftsmen need to create that geometric designs was a piece of rope. Nowadays we are using a modern compasses and a ruler.






Alhambra tiles. Granada

-What is the day in your studio looks like?

I don't have my own studio. Sometimes I use the workshop at my arts and craft school but mostly I am working on our balcony while creating my items.




Our arts and craft school's workshop. Batik classes

Here in Spain we have a good weather and I am enjoying beautiful nature and amazing views while working.




- Do you have a favorite item you have made?

I think every person was grown being creative and every item he/she made is loved.

14 comments:

Vikulya said...

So interesting interview!So lovely works!Bravo,Natasha!And Good Luck!

MamaTita said...

Such a beautiful view from your balcon!!!
And the photo from your childhood - it is something amazing!!!

YanArt said...

Amazing work! Such a talent!

Lovely Trifles said...

I love dolls!! It's my favorite!
In really all works is amazing!!!

Fine said...

Beautiful story!
Love it!

Katrinshine said...

I dream to visit Granada!!!

WoolSolution said...

Nice to meet you, Natasha

Katya5 said...

Nice to meet you, Nata. Thank you!

Yana said...

Thank you for sharing your passion and inspiration, Natasha! Beautiful work!

IrinaN said...

I always enjoy to read stories of our fellow team mates :) Thank you!

GalaFilc said...

Beautiful works!

Nadia said...

Nice meeting you , Nata! Thank you for the interview!

Natalka said...

beautiful Natalya! lovely creation!
and I want such balcony!

rizalaYa said...

Thank you very much for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...