Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lifestyle: yoga

Hello, our wonderful readers!

My name is Yanina and I own shop nafanyafelt on etsy, but today I will talk about yoga. If you have missed my previous post about yoga, no worries, I will go over some of it again.

As we all know it is very important to be yourself, but it is even more important to let it go.

And yes I know I have said that before, but trust me not all of us can do it, so be ready to hear this phrase a lot :)

My story have begun 4 years ago. I have met a wonderful person once, who was so passionate about yoga that I could not resist and I had to try it.

And my journey begins...

 4pm Sunday. My first practice.

Small room, soft music, dim lights and 104 degree. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't know if I will survive the heat and I didn't know that from this very moment I would find my passion, discover my style of life and learn so much!

To be honest my very first practice was awful from every point. I looked around a lot, I have checked myself in the mirrors even more often (well I am a women after all).

I compared myself to others in this small room and felt so weak and awkward. It was so painful not only for my muscles but also for my ego, even thought I didn't try to compete :)

I was inspired by people around me, they were so calm and moved so gracefully!
And yes I was jealous. I was jealous of what they can do, for me it was impossible even imagine I ever could tied myself in such knot or lift my body on one arm.

I have said out loud so many times I will never get this done, and every single time this little voice in my head would whisper practice takes time. To be honest my teacher said exactly the same thing to me once and now I say it out loud to everyone.

Practice takes time, practice and you will get it done. This phrase can be very well used in a regular life too, not just in yoga.

And I listened, and I learned and I grew.


 And I did. And I do...

Along my physical progress I have learned the importance of what I eat.
And today I would like to share with you the recipe of my favorite desert.



Ingredients:
angel's food cake
Greek yogurt (any plain yogurt will work too)
ricotta cheese
strawberry
whipped cream for garnish
mint leaves for garnish
sugar

1.Set aside some strawberries for garnish

Slice the rest of the strawberries into small pieces.

2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat yogurt and ricotta cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar until soft
peaks form.

Reserve some of this cream for garnish, if you don't have whipped cream on hand.
*If the cream doesn't hold the pikes you can add some gelatin mixed with water according to directions on the packaging.

4. Fold strawberries into yogurt-riccota cheese cream remaining in bowl.

5. Cut cake into 3 equal pieces

Place 1st cake strip on platter; spread with half of mixture with strawberry. Top with 1 more cake strip then with remaining mixture. Top with remaining cake.

6. Spread reserved cream on top of cake or garnish with whipped cream.

Cut each reserved strawberry in half; use to garnish platter and top of cake. Finish with mint leaves.

Refrigerate if not serving right away. Refrigerate for 1 hour if gelatin has been used.


Enjoy and remember:

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your post!!!! Reminds me that I should practice yoga more often..... Thanks!!!!

Luxury by Vera said...

Great story Yanina! Thank you for recipe:)

Albina said...

Thank you for this interesting article!

Eviltwin said...

Thank you)))

Eviltwin said...

Thanks, great article!

Tatiana said...

Great pics!
Thank you for sharing!

Yanina said...

Thank you everybody for taking your time and read!

Anonymous said...

Great artical! I practice yoga too long time...
And thank you very much for receipes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...