Coasters are a great way to protect your furniture from scratches or those ugly water rings made by drink glasses and coffee mugs. Use leftover materials you used for some other projects and you will make one more step to saving the planet!
These double sided coasters were made by Albina (GoodWeather) from an old sweater which was previously washed and felted. The main part of sweater was used to make the protective covers for electronic gadgets and the rest of it got a new purpose now!
To make coasters like these you will need:
- Felted pieces not smaller than 5" across
- Sewing machine with thread
- Steam iron
1. Cut out circles with your scissors, 4" in diameter. Make twice more circles than coasters needed (i.e. for 6 coasters cut out 12 circles):
2. Arrange circles in pairs putting one on top of another:
3. You may want to pin the circles in place. Using either simple or zigzag stitch, sew the edges together:
4. Using zigzag or another decorative stitch, sew through the center:
5. If you desire, make another stitch perpendicular to the previous stitch:
6. Your coaster may look a little"wavy" like this:
7. Steam iron your coasters so they look nice and flat.