Social Icons

Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Interview with a Star, Nataliia Grimme

If you are looking for an unusual box to put your holiday gift in take a look at Grimme shop. You will find one of a kind very special items that someone might cherish for a years to come. Nataliia, the owner of this shop is giving us her vision on creativity today.

Please tell us a little bit about yourself
I'm Ukrainian and live in Kyiv since my birth. Several years ago I moved to a house not far from the city - and I think my way to crafting started right at that time



For a really long time I lived a kind of "ordinary" life - but about 3 years ago I understood that I always loved to do something with my own hands. My husband is my greatest support - and my most severe critic :) 



And as I have never studied drawing or any art-related stuff I have the whole world opening in front of me now. I gave up job in a big international corporation and now work in a small shop of art materials. Thus I have time and opportunity to develop my skills.



I mostly use the technique of decoupage - but always try to invent new effects, color combinations and technique mixes. I think such mix of traditional and new is what making my items unique and interesting to people - so I keep moving this way. Items I do are appreciated by people, because they may feel sweet nostalgia and great harmonic balance, holding the item in their hands - or giving it as a gift. That's the best award for me - when people really appreciate the item.


As every creative person sometimes I feel like having no inspiration . But every time I feel that way, I discover that inspiration is always near us - we just need to be attentive enough to see it. Just let yourself relax, get free of conventional standards - and here it comes.
Now I cannot imagine my life without inspiration and love. One of my life credos is "Don't follow me - I won’t go before you. Don't go ahead - I won’t follow you. Go by my side - and we'll be as one."



6 comments:

Katrinshine said...

Great interview!

Vikulya said...

So intresting interview! Bravo, Nataliia!

FleetingStillness said...

I love Natasha's work!

Natalka Pavlysh said...

Great story! I love Natalia's works!

Lazo said...

Nice interview,glad to know you,wonderful work and creations.

TonyaUtkina said...

Beautiful artwork and an amazing artist!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...