- Please tell us a little bit about yourself
I’m was born and raised in the small town Pavlovskiy Posad, just outside the Moscow. This city is famous for its beautiful colorful wool shawls. Right now I live in Moscow with my family, my husband and our two kids.
- How long have you been creating? How did your journey in art and creativity begin?
I’m creating since I can remember myself. My grandmother and mother taught me how to knit and crochet when I was a child. I tried macramé, embroidery, origami, sewing etc. I knitted sweaters, scarves and hats for myself. Several years ago I found out about felting and could not stop thinking of it! So I decided to give it a try. I purchased some wool and began to felt. I love it so much, I can't stop doing it!
- Why did you decide on JaneBoFelt name for your business?
Felting became my hobby and my passion. So I decided to try to make it also my work.
- What items in your shop do you most enjoy making and why?
Most of all I like to make scarves. I think of scarf not only as an accessory to warm your neck up but also as a piece of art, a picture. Even know that you will not see the worn scarf completely since it is tied around the neck I like to make it beautiful, from one end to another.
- What would you say makes your shop unique?
Most of my items are one-of-a-kind. I could not copy them even if I wanted to. It’s not just me who is making felted items. It’s my mood, my imagination, my thoughts and something else involved.
- Do you have a favorite item you have made?
Yes, this scarf:
...and this baby hat with flowers:
- Do you use any special techniques or tools?
Most of all I like nuno-felting. Wool and fabric are mixing during felting process and become unweaven fabric with great texture. I do not use any electric devices, just water and soap like ancient people did.
- What do you sell and what is so special about your works?
There are different items in my shop: scarves, hats, mittens, brooches and bags. All of them are made by me using my own designs. Also I like custom orders. It is always a challenge to make something special for somebody according to his or her taste and style.
- Name 3 things you can’t live without?
Coffee, wool and my laptop:)