My son is allergic to quite a few things, and egg is one of them. Just like any kid, Max likes cakes and cupcakes, so I had to learn to bake without eggs. I searched the internet for recipes for the past four years and this one is by far my favorite - it is simple, versatile and delicious.
You will need:
2 cups flour
1.5 teaspoon baking soda
0.5 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
4 ripe bananas
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. sift together flour, salt and baking soda
2. mash bananas with a fork
3. beat sugar and oil until white and smooth
4. mix in mashed bananas w/ a spoon
5. add water and vanilla
6. mix in flour mixture using a whisk
7. spoon into 2.5-inch cupcake liners filling them about 2/3 (1 banana makes 4-5 cupcakes)
8. bake 25 minutes at 350F
I decorate my cupcakes with chocolate glaze and raspberries.
You can also bake this as a banana cake - just add 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) and bake in a 9-inch pan for 40-45 minutes.